After playing but mostly watching my friend play Killzone 2 from start to finish (almost!) on the ps3 I have been blown away by the game! I have been getting really interested in rendering techniques of late and the visuals and cinematic effects used in killzone 2 are like nothing I have ever seen before in video game. Here are a couple of great “making of” videos for the game which cover the following areas of interest..
- The deferred rendering engine
- A demonstration of the rendering pipeline at each stage
- Cinematic effects (pixel speeds/motion blur/noise/bloom etc)
- A look at a ps3 devkit
- A tour around a debug build of the game
- The use of the PS3’s SPU’s
- The sound technology and layers used within the game